Welcome to our Newsroom. Stay up to date with interesting and important news at DNCU, see our press releases, and read articles about us in the media.
Attention DNCU Members, due to Scheduled System Maintenance, access to online and mobile banking will be unavailable or limited on Sunday, January 26, 2020 from 12:00 a.m. – 6:00 a.m. (MT)
We do not expect debit cards, credit cards, and ATM withdrawals to be impacted during maintenance.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Thank you for your membership!
- DNCU Movember Campaign: DNCU challenges their team to a Movember shave that will bring awareness to several men’s health issues. According to the official Movember campaign, men die on average six years younger than women and for largely preventable reasons. That is why DNCU is starting conversations about men’s health and encouraging men to talk openly about their health. DNCU pledges a $1,000 donation to a men’s health organization. Click here to read more.
- Capital One Financial Corp Hacker: Capital One Financial Corp. a U.S. credit-card issuer, said Monday that a hacker accessed the personal information of approximately 106 million card customers and applicants, one of the largest ever data breaches of a big bank. Del Norte Credit Union has no affiliation with Capital One Financial Corp.; however, we are very concerned about our members confidential information. If you are concerned that your information may have been exposed please click here to work directly with Capital One.
- Equifax Data Breach Settlement Update: Where you affected by the Equifax breach? Click here to file a claim now.
- DNCU Annual Report for 2018: Learn about your credit union's accomplishments in 2018; from accomplishing a system upgrade to community giving and events. Read it here.
- Update on Smith's Visa Credit Card Announcement: Grocery store chain The Kroger Co. announced that all 23 Smith’s Food & Drug locations in New Mexico will stop accepting Visa credit cards for payment beginning April 3, 2019. This policy payment change impacts anyone shopping at Smith’s with a Visa credit card, not just Del Norte Credit Union Visa credit card holders. While this change is beyond our control, other forms of payment, including your DNCU Visa debit card, will still be accepted. If you have further questions or concerns regarding The Kroger Co. decision, please contact us directly via email at email@example.com
- Shred Days for 2019 have been scheduled! Find your shred day here.
- Government Furlough Assistance: Are you a DNCU member impacted by the federal government shutdown? We are here to help. Please read this document for the various ways we can assist you. Give us a call or come into a branch so we can help.
- Winter Weather Advisory: Check here for any delayed openings or closings because of winter weather. Remember that DNCU services are always available with online banking!
- Del Norte Credit Union Wins the Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility Community Service Award; 1st place in the $250-to-$1-billion category in the annual awards presented by the Credit Union Association of New Mexico. Read more here.
- Del Norte Credit Union Celebrates International Credit Union Day By Giving Back In A Big Way; DNCU is donating $5 for new memberships opened in October to the Cancer Foundation for New Mexico. Read the news release.
- Computer Enhancement October 5-8: Read notice from CEO/President Chuck Valenti here.
- Del Norte Credit Union Wins #1 Financial Institution and #1 Lender in the Santa Fe Reporter's 2018 Best of Santa Fe! Plus Best Business on Cerrillos Road and Best Business on St. Mike's/Triangle Corridor. Thank you Members! Read the news release.
- Del Norte Credit Union Named to Top 3 Credit Unions in New Mexico: DNCU was named among the nation's best credit unions - number two in New Mexico - in the first-ever Forbes credit union rankings. Credit unions overall scored better than banks in the survey conducted by Statista. Read the press release.
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): "GDPR" has been in the news recently, and you may have seen references to it. Some information about DNCU's perspective on GDPR:
- GDPR is a European law which applies only to European residents.
- As a credit union and financial institution, we already have strong protections and practices to take care of member data.
- We are extremely mindful of members' privacy rights and will continue to be so.
- We follow all United States and State of New Mexico regulations regarding privacy protections.
- Del Norte Credit Union is Reducing Food Insecurity in Northern New Mexico: Learn more here.
Equifax Credit Reporting Agency Data Breach: On September 7, 2017, Equifax reported a data breach occurring over a couple of months. Learn more about how to protect yourself and your financial assets here.
Midtown Financial Center at San Mateo location: Midtown Financial Center at San Mateo is located at 604 W. San Mateo Rd. in Santa Fe, just off St. Francis Drive.
Del Norte Credit Union Wins #1 in 3 Categories for the Santa Fe Reporter Best of Santa Fe 2017. DNCU won #1 Credit Union, #1 Bank and #1 Mortgage Lender, voted by our members and Santa Fe Reporter readers. Thank you Members! Read the press release.
DNCU's Real Estate lending team spoke with KOB 4's Casey Messer of Good Day New Mexico about our real estate lending programs. Video here.
- Del Norte Credit Union was named Financial Institution of the Year by the Los Alamos Chamber of Commerce members on Saturday, April 22, 2017. Thanks to Matthew Waldschmidt, manager of Trinity Branch and White Rock branch for his great service. Thanks to the Chamber members for voting us the best!