Community Sponsorship Programs
We at Del Norte Credit Union pledge to improve lives by being the "Ideal Partner for a Better Future," with Del Norteño Pride.
DNCU understands that the role of a credit union is not only to be a trusted source of unbiased financial advice but also to proactively support the community and people that are the foundation of the credit union itself. We demonstrate this through our support of worthy causes that strive to enhance life in Northern New Mexico as well as our DNCU Scholarship Fund and our Financial Literacy Programs. In addition, we make efforts to tie DNCU marketing campaigns to fundraising opportunities and partner with local businesses and organizations in order to further benefit the community-at-large.
Donations/Sponsorship requests are generally available to those organizations that fit our giving philosophy. However, as a not-for-profit, member-owned credit union, our sponsorship funds are very limited. Please read our guidelines carefully, and if your request fits the requirements, fill out and return the Sponsorship Request Form.
Guidelines for Contributions
DNCU’s guidelines were developed to ensure that our charitable contributions reach the intended recipients and/or provide a meaningful promotion of DNCU as a philanthropic organization. Our philanthropic activities align with our company values, which is why we adhere to a specific donation philosophy. In addition, in line with best practices for philanthropy, DNCU gives added weight to organizations which manifest a collaborative approach to solving issues in our communities when deciding whether to fund a request. DNCU donations/sponsorships:
- Benefit our communities in the areas we serve (northern NM)
- Benefits an organization or program directly
- Must be to a 501(c)(3) organization
- Does not support any one particular religion or belief system
- Must support at least one of our missions:
- To promote financial literacy among youth and adults in northern New Mexico
- To improve the lives of youth in northern New Mexico
The employees of DNCU continue DNCU's good works, and we commend them for their philanthropic spirit-raising and donating money for good causes as well as volunteering hundreds of hours each year to a variety of local charities and organizations.
Here are a few of our Community Partners.
- Cancer Foundation for New Mexico
- Many Mothers
- SFPS Adelante Program
- Esperanza Shelter
- Juvenile Justice Advisory Board, Los Alamos
- Downtown Action Team Española
- Crisis Center of Northern New Mexico
- Casa Familia (St. Elizabeth Shelter)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Mountain Region
- Santa Fe Birth to Career Collaborative
- Fiesta para Bebes
- Hands Across Cultures/Española Community Matanza
- Fiestas de Española
- Vallecitos Community Center & Library
- LANL Foundation Conference on Education
- Española Teen Center
- Los Alamos Family Council
- Project R.A.C.E.
- Tewa Women United
- Santa Fe Youth and Family Shelters
- The Family YMCA, Los Alamos & Española
- The Santa Fe Family YMCA
- Santa Fe Civitan Club
- Los Alamos National Laboratory - School Backpacks
- Santa Fe United Way
- La Familia Medical Center
- The Food Depot & the Mobile Food Truck program
- Kiwanis Club of Los Alamos
- Pajarito Environmental Education Center
- Kiwanis Club of Santa Fe
- Rotary Clubs of Santa Fe
What an amazing gift to the kids we serve! Thank you!!"
--Big Brothers Big Sisters Mountain Region
"Please accept our sincere appreciation for your act of generosity and the important part you have played in improving the lives of your neighbors in need."
--The Food Depot
"You do make a difference in peoples' lives. Thank you! "
--Los Alamos Family Council
"Thank you for all you do to make Northern New Mexico a great place for families to live! We're very proud to count you among our supporters."
--Pajarito Environmental Education Center
"We believe that investing in our youth is an investment in the health, welfare, and future of our community. Thank you for being a part of this effort.”
--Youth Shelters & Family Services
"Your grant helps us to continue our work to end violence against women, girls, and Mother Earth, and to grow beloved community here in Northern New Mexico and beyond. We are so grateful for your partnership in this important work!"
--Tewa Women United