2017-2018 DNCU Scholarship Program Now Open - New Mexico Credit Union Education Foundation Scholarships Also Open
Applications for the 2017-2018 DNCU Scholarship are now being accepted. Deadline: Postmarked on or before March 15, 2017.
Del Norte Credit Union has established a scholarship program to assist credit union members who are high school seniors, equivalent home school seniors, or a recipient of a GED and plan to continue their education in college or vocational school programs. Scholarships are offered each year for full-time study at an accredited institution of the student’s choice. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability or national origin.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
• Be a member of Del Norte Credit Union prior to the application deadline.
• Be a high school senior, equivalent home school senior, or a recipient of a GED received in same year of higher education enrollment.
• Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school for the entire 2017-2018 academic year.
• Have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a one-time award of $1,000. Up to ten (10) awards will be granted.
SELECTION OF RECIPIENTS
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic performance, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, work experience, statement of career and educational goals and objectives, unusual personal or family circumstances, and an outside appraisal. Students will be asked to submit a one-page essay of no more than 300 words. Submitted essays are not part of the selection process but may be used by Del Norte Credit Union for promotional purposes. Financial need is not considered.
Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship Management Services. In no instance does any officer or employee of the Del Norte Credit Union play a part in the selection. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
Recipients will be notified by mail in late April; non-recipients will be notified as well. Scholarship checks will be mailed to the recipients at the beginning of August.
Del Norte Credit Union reserves the right to review the conditions and procedures of this scholarship program and to make changes at any time including termination of the program.
INFORMATION For questions regarding the scholarship program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Mexico Credit Union Education Foundation Scholarships - Deadline February 24, 2017
The NMCUEF is a unique scholarship program formed through special legislation that allows credit unions to use abandoned funds for educational or charitable purposes. Since it was established in 1992, the NMCUEF has presented 1,552 scholarships for a total of $1,195,600 to students attending accredited vocational or technical schools, colleges or universities in New Mexico. Deadline for application is February 24, 2017. Application guidelines and forms are here.
Summer Co-Op Academy - Deadline March 15, 2017
CoFED has opportunities for young people interested in co-ops. CoFED partners with college students and administrators to start or scale campus food co-ops with a triple bottom line of food sovereignty, sustainability and social justice. "We forefront racial and economic equity at the core of cooperative development." Applications are due by March 15, 2017, and scholarships are available.
- CoFED Summer Co-op Academy (SCA) is a cooperative business boot camp that promotes education for transformation and liberation. Info here.
- Racial Justice Fellowship: This Fellowship provides a $5,000 summer stipend to start or continue work in advancing racial justice and community ownership in the food system. Info here.